Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easy semolina coconut cake recipe

Easy semolina coconut cake
This is a really simple and easy cake recipe that requires only 5 basic ingredients. I like simple and easy recipes. It comes in really handy when I need something sweet and either I am lazy to spend lot of time in the kitchen or some key ingredients are missing. 

The cake turns out to be slightly dense but certainly not in a bad way. And it is not overly sweet. The cake is moist even though I used milk. No butter is used. If you use cream or even a mixture of milk and oil/butter, you will get a richer and more moist cake.

I baked the cake in a ramekin and it took 20 minutes. I didn’t try baking a larger cake so I don’t know how long it would take.

The amounts given below is in parts so you can use any measuring spoon. The only challenging part is the amount of baking powder. You should use 1½ teaspoons of baking powder for every cup of semolina. Taste the batter and adjust as necessary. There are no eggs so don’t hesitate with tasting the batter.
  
Ingredients
1 part sugar
2 parts milk or cream
1 part desiccated coconut
3 parts semolina
Baking powder
Optional: vanilla extract

Directions
1. Mix sugar, coconut and milk or cream until sugar has dissolved
2. Add semolina and baking powder and mix well
3. Bake at 180 degrees until the cake is done, about 20 minutes

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so good and looks good too! I love anything with coconut in it!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!
    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be delicious! A great idea.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so delicious! Can't wait to try it out!I found a perfect lemon frosting also!Thank you for the recipe and great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and perfect to eat with some cream cheese frosting. My kids will love to put some frosting and chocolate syrup when they see this simple yummy cake of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe is simple and easy to follow. My grand mom will surely love this cake since she needs chewy foods because of her teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...