This one pot dish takes just 15-20 minutes to prepare. You can reduce the total preparation and cooking time to 10 minutes by skipping the first 4 steps in the recipe below. Just add everything to a pot and cook until done.
Pasta that has been cooked in tomato sauce acquires an interesting texture. Its not al dente and its not mushy either, somewhere in between with a creamy coating.
The dish tastes a lot better than it looks in the photo.
½ cup cooked beans (I used chickpeas)
½ cup macaroni
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 clove garlic
½ tablespoon cumin
1-2 tablespoons oil, or more
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil on a sauce pan over medium heat
2. Add meatballs, finely chopped garlic and cumin
3. Cook until browned
4. Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes
5. Add pasta, beans and water
6. Cook covered until pasta is done, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally
7. When done, add the remaining oil and mix until well emulsified. The sauce will turn creamy.