This is a quick and delicious meal. I usually make different variations but since I started this blog it’s the first time I made it so I thought I would post the recipe for today’s version.
I like mustard seeds, it adds crunch, flavour and ‘visible appeal’. They say you eat with your eyes first and for me mustard seeds make the dish much more appealing.
What I normally do is parboil the potato, either cooking it partially or fully, depending on my mood.
Ingredients (for one person)
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice such as curry powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toast the mustard seeds
- Reduce heat to medium and add oil
- When hot add spice powder and garlic and cook until aromatic and garlic starts to brown
- Add cubed potatoes, chickpeas and salt
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. You can cook for longer till the potatoes turn crispy