|Chocolate Crinkle Cookies|
These crinkle cookies are crunchy (crinkly!) on the outside and soft and moist in the inside. Its almost like eating crispy chocolate mud cake, in cookie form.
Crinkle cookies look delicious, taste delicious and are so simple to make. The basic recipe can be tweaked to suit your tastes as well as what is available in your pantry. You can make it spicy by adding cinnamon, cardamon or ginger, make it more chocolatey by adding chocolate chunks and so on. The options are limited to your imagination.
'Crinkles' are formed by rolling the dough in icing sugar before baking. I tried crinkling my cookies with dessicated coconut and crushed corn flakes as well. The dessicated coconut cookie had a subtle coconut taste while the corn flake version was very crunchy. Personally I preferred all three of them equally.
You should be able to get 30 decent sized cookies from one batch.
75 grams butter or margarine
½ cup sugar (or ¾ cup if you prefer sweeter)
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
¼ cup rice flour (optional, use flour instead if unavailable)
Coating: Icing sugar, dessicated coconut, crushed corn flakes
- Mix butter and sugar thoroughly
- Add eggs and mix until the mixture turns light (about 3 minutes by hand)
- Add shifted cocoa powder and flour and mix gently
- Chill the dough for 1-2 hours
- Make into balls (about an inch diameter), roll in coating and flatten slightly
- Bake at 170°C / 340°F for about 10-12 minutes