|Crispy coconut cookies|
These cookies are light and crispy, with a nice coconut flavour. If you love coconut, if you love crispy cookies, you will love these. And they are quick and easy to make.
The cookies look plain and innocent in the picture but don’t be fooled, they are packed with flavor.
I have included dark or golden syrup in the recipe. I like using syrup, it helps to deepen the flavor. If you don’t have golden syrup, you can skip it.
Eating coconuts helps burn fat and reduce weight. You can read more here. However I am certainly not suggesting that you eat these cookies if you want to lose weight.
2 cups flour, sifted
1 cup butter
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon golden or dark syrup (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, can also substitute with coconut extract)
1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 160°C / 320°F
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy and pale
- Add egg, syrup and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, add to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated
- Add coconut and mix until incorporated
- Place small balls on a greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly
- Bake until cookies are golden brown and delicious, about 15 minutes