|One Pot Rice and Blackbeans|
This is a simple and delicious one pot dish. The dish can be ready in about 20 minutes, with minimal effort required. The end result is like risotto, creamy with a rich sauce.
Meat, fish or vegetables can be added, if preferred.
Don’t be shy with salt, the dishes uses a lot.
· 50 ml rice
· 150 ml water, boiling
· 50ml tomato puree
· 100 ml cooked blackbeans
· ½ onion, chopped
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· ½ teaspoon mixed spice of your choice
· 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
· 1 tablespoon oil
· Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until translucent
· Add tomato puree and cook for about 5 minutes
· Add rice, beans and water and cook covered until rice is done, about 15-20 minutes
· Optional: Drizzle some olive oil or stir in some butter before serving, for extra flavour and creaminess.