Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daim Double Chocolate Polenta Brownie

Daim Double Chocolate Polenta Brownie
These brownies are one of the chewiest I have ever had. And also quite unusual since the polenta added a lot of crunch. In other words the brownies are chocolatey, chewy and crunchy!

I used O’boy daim chocolate drink powder. O’boy contains crushed daim bar, cocoa, sugar and other ingredients. If O’boy is unavailable where you live, you can substitute with cocoa powder, sugar and roughly chopped or crushed daim bar, or you could leave out crushed daim. I used 1/2 cup daim powder. A rough substitute for 1/2 cup daim powder could be about 50ml cocoa powder and 70 ml sugar. Or you could keep it simple and use 1/4 cup each of cocoa powder and sugar.

I baked the brownie in a ramekin instead of a baking tray since I didn’t want to bake more than I needed. The rest of the dough went into the freezer.  I prefer to freeze dough instead of brownies since it becomes too easy to grab a brownie, even if frozen. I've heard that even frozen brownies taste nice and I don't want to take the risk of 'mass-consumption'!



Ingredients
½ cup butter or margarine
120 grams chocolate, preferably dark
2 eggs
1 cup fine polenta
½ cup O’Boy Daim chocolate drink powder
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bain marie or microware
3. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and mix well
4. Stir in O’Boy Daim powder and sugar
5. Stir in polenta and mix well
6. Pour batter evenly into well greased baking pan
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from the sides of pan and the edges start to brown. A toothpick inserted in center of brownies will come out almost clean.
8. Remove from oven and place on a rack to completely cool.

1 comment:

  1. O'Boy! I will have to get my hands on some of this Daim chocolate drink - I didn't know of its existence until just now. Until it arrives, I will use your excellent tip and crush some Daim bars instead. Crunchy? Chewy? Chocolatey? These gorgeous brownies are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...