This is the first time that I tried chocolate cheesecake. It is quite a nice alternative to the regular cheesecake.
Melted chocolate and cream cheese taste a bit like nutella, I think so anyway, not that I eat nutella. Perhaps if you have nut allergy and can’t eat nutella, try chocolate and cream cheese.
⅓ cup (40g) almond meal
¾ cup (105g) plain flour
¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
90g butter, chopped
225 grams (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
225 grams (8 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate, melted, cooled
1. To make the base, place the almond meal, flour, sugar and butter in a bowl. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until a rough dough forms.
2. Line the base of a 20cm-round springform tin with baking paper. Place the base mixture into the base and flatten. Bake at 150°C/350°F until light golden, about 12-15 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well mixed
4. Add chocolate and mix well.
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well
6. Pour the batter over the base
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours.