|Semolina chocolate chip cookies|
This is a twist to the 'traditional' chocolate chip recipe. Using semolina adds more crispiness as well as a different flavour and texture.
For the chocolate chips I used Toblerone and Marabou milk chocolate. Dark or bittersweet chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips would also work well.
½ cup butter or oil
½ cup sugar (I used slightly less)
1 cup semolina
1 cup flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1 large egg
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon molasses (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Cream butter/oil, sugar and molasses until the mixture turns pale and the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly
4. Add sifted flour, semolina and baking powder and mix well
5. Fold in the chocolate chips
6. Place discs or small balls on a greased cookie sheet and flatten.
7. Bake until cookies are golden brown and delicious, about 12-15 minutes