Friday, May 22, 2015

Cardamom Shortbread Recipe

Cardamom Shortbread 

These cookies are divine, buttery, aromatic, delicate and warming.

Regular plain shortbread is fantastic, shortbread with cardamom is special. Having a pile of cardamom cookies is a good way to test your will power.


Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
¼ cup corn flour
6 cardamom pods, freshly ground or crushed (or use more, or less)

Directions
1.      Cream butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth
2.      Add flour, corn flour and cardamom and mix until well incorporated
3.      Roll out the dough between sheets of grease proof paper until the dough is ½ cm thick. Let it chill in a refrigerator for 20 minutes. Bake at 160°C/310°F until golden, about 15-20 minutes



Cardamom Shortbread 

5 comments:

  1. I have never had cardamom sweets, but I love this condiment, so I'm sure your shortbread tastes wonderful. For me it's difficult to make at home any sweet treat and than resist it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardamom is awesome! Best to make it in small batches:)

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love cardamom ... they have such a seductive fragrance. One of my favorite spices for sure. Cardamom in sweets is just gorgeous ... dunno why it isn't used more often. I suppose they do in the middle east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fantastic in everything I tired. Even in savoury dishes. I don't know either why its not used more often. I guess its good otherwise the price will go further up:)

      Delete
  3. Shortbread is such a sinful treat! And love the addition of cardamom to it, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...