Sunday, April 6, 2014

Piadina Recipe



Piadina

Before I come across this recipe I didn’t know that Italians also had flatbread. Piadina or piada is a thin Italian flatbread, typically prepared in the Romagna region (Forlì-Cesena, Ravenna and Rimini). It is usually made with white flour, lard or olive oil, salt and water (source: wikipedia).

The recipe is quite simple and basic, and easy to prepare and eat! I made extras and froze them.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon lard (I used olive oil)
Pinch of salt
Water

Method
1.      Knead the flour and salt with the lard (oil) and enough water to make a smooth and pliable dough.
2.      Form a ball, wrap in plastic and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
3.      Divide the dough into two and form two round balls. Flatten and roll until about a ¼ inch thick 
4.      Cook on a hot non stick pan, turning often and flattening air pockets as they form.


Piadina



15 comments:

  1. What a great recipe! When I saw your post title, I knew right away that you had Pola's blog. Nice pick for the SRC (I'm stopping by from Group B).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian tortillas, no? These are delicious in so many ways, add some flavorings to the dough, or add toppings and fold or wrap to enjoy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this, but it looks delicious and sounds really easy to make. Definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this bread but it sounds wonderful! So easy! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this either, but it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from group D. I've never heard of Piadina either. Love flatbreads, definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The piadina I have had are stuffed like burritos- very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pick - Like Sue, I've had stuffed piadina, but never plain. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost thought this was a made from scratch flour tortilla. Looks amazing and something I'd love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to make piadine (that's the plural!) We used to eat them as snacks all the time when we were kids. Your look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Piadine do sound so easy indeed! And the result is awesome! I will certainly try it. It will be so much healthier than the bought Mexican tortillas I use as wraps...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...