|Filo Pastry Salmon Quiche/Pie|
This is quite an easy but delicious dish using filo pastry. I don’t have a good night vision on my camera so the photo turned out OK. Fortunately it tasted a lot better than it looks.
Tip: cover the filo pastry with a damp towel while working to stop it from drying out
Adopted from Good to Know Recipes
500g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
200ml crème fraîche
150g cream cheese
2 large eggs
Salt and ground black pepper
6-8 sheets filo pastry
30g butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 200°C/390°F and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
2. Beat together the crème fraîche, cream cheese, eggs, salt and pepper until smooth.
4. Layer a baking tin with 4 sheets of pastry, brushing a little melted butter on each layer. Allow the edges to overlap the tin slightly.
5. Place fish in pastry case and pour cream cheese mixture over. Fold overhanging edges of pastry into the centre.
6. Optional: brush a little butter over another 1-2 sheets filo pastry and then tear pastry into shreds and arrange it on the top of pie, so that it’s scrunched up slightly.
7. Place baking tin on the heated baking sheet, and bake in centre of oven for 25-30 mins, or until pastry is crisp and golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool in the tin for about 10-15 mins before removing.