|Coconut chocolate oat cookies|
Coconut + chocolate + rolled oats = delicious.
The cookies are light and crispy. It is not overly sweet.
I used a mixture of coconut oil and rapeseed oil. If you prefer you can substitute coconut oil with butter.
½ cup coconut oil (should be soft)
½ cup sugar
½ cup desiccated coconut (recommended toasted)
¾ cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Mix coconut oil and sugar until the mixture is light
3. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly until sugar has dissolved
4. Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well
6. Place discs or small balls on a greased cookie sheet and flatten.
7. Bake until cookies are done, about 12 minutes