|Oven Baked Crispy Spiced Beans|
The main downside of the oven baked version is that they take a lot longer to cook compared with deep frying.
I used chickpeas and white beans. You can use pretty much any kind of bean.
Cooked beans (chickpeas, white beans etc)
Enough oil to coat (about 1 tablespoon per cup)
Spices (paprika, curry powder, garlic powder etc)
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees
2. Mix the beans with oil until coated
3. Bake until they are brown and crispy, around 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally
4. Season the beans and bake for a further few minutes. Over season the beans, you will be surprised how much salt they take
5. Let it cool completely. These snacks go well with a cold beer